We are pleased to invite you to the Final Conference of the SAVEMEDCOASTS-2 Project, funded by the Directorate General for Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Unions of the European Union (DG-ECHO) for 2019-2022. The event will take place in Rome on June 17, 2022 at the conference room of the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology (INGV), Via di Vigna Murata 605, Rome, 1st floor, CET time 09.30-16.30.
The Conference will see the participation of project partners, stakeholders, journalists and other personalities. It will be an important place for the presentation of the project results on the state of the art of coastal risk assessment related to sea level rise caused by climate change and coastal subsidence.
Main topics of the conference:
- The scientific motivations and the main phases of the project;
- Coastal subsidence, sea level rise projections up to 2100 and potential flooding scenarios in specific areas of Italy, Greece, Spain, France and Egypt.
- Extreme events and cascading effects in conditions of sea level rise;
- The case study of the Venice lagoon;
- Stakeholder analysis;
- The assessment of socio-economic impacts in support of measures to prevent and mitigate sea level rise;
- The SAVEMEDCOASTS-2 WebGIS
- The dissemination tools and the KnowRiskFlood campaigns implemented in schools in Italy, Spain, Greece and Cyprus.
Hybrid participation in person up to the maximum capacity of the room according to the health regulations in force and remotely through the Google Meet platform.
For more information on the SAVEMEDCOASTS-2 project, please visit www.savemedcoasts-2.eu
Please confirm your participation possibly by June 6, 2022. For information please contact Dr. Marco Anzidei, mail: